Little Rhyolite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Rhyolite

Roleplaying for the literate vampire guild on neopets.com Little Rhyolite.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rhyolite 2.0

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fiona
Admin
Fiona

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Since we've already agreed that if we start roleplaying again we will have to revamp the plot lets just throw all our ideas out there. Formed and polished or jagged and erratic it doesn't matter. Since we've all seemed to agree roleplaying here won't as big a focus in our lives as it was before I'm thinking it should be fun with our ideas. Not that we weren't fun with our ideas before just that that I think we should focus a whole lot less on the exact justification of it all. Aliens, plagues, fairies, things that go bump in the night I don't know lets just go wild!

DISCUSS!

Last edited by Fiona on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://littlerhyolite.roflforum.net
RiRi

RiRi

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Lol I love the title to this, Fiona ^______^

Well, I think one of the questions is do we still want to keep it so that they're vampires? Is the meaning of vampires the same? and are they still on house arrest with the government?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2419078/
Fiona
Admin
Fiona

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:48 pm

Hehe, thank you.

I think those are really good things to point out it was exactly what I was thinking. I edited my post, sorry about I did that before I saw your post. Hang on I've thought of a few ideas, I'll write them up in a sec I just wanted to let you know I was still here.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Admin
Fiona

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Other key points I was thinking about is to what degree has everything previously roleplayed remembered? Although I do not suggest it we could completely start over with our characters. Or a more appealing idea (at least to me and admittedly I do get a sick appeal out of tormenting my characters) maybe everything previous happened but isn't remembered. What if characters couldn't remember anything but before they were vampires? Everyone would be stuck in different eras, perhaps even impaired with language barriers. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Admin
Fiona

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:24 am

Some other ideas that popped into my head:

*warning this is a very scattered idea list of my though process and may be had to follow sorry. feel free to find bits you like and just focus on them at will.
  • Something on a isolated island.
    -Terror in Rhyolite and around the world and all vampires and hunters are sent on an island for 'refurbishment'. All wake up remembering a stimulated terror of what really happened back at home, each one playing on their deepest fears.
    -Each character wakes up alone and completely unaware of how they got to the island.
    -Vampires struggle with a new found density and beating heart something they may not instantly realize at first until they realize their cravings aren't for blood but human food. They've somehow been turned human, or have they. This whole thing has a very dreamlike quality. Perhaps they've been injected with a drug to make them human or the humans a similar drug to dull/erase their mind of government plans. Maybe that drug does more than what it was intended or perhaps this was intended all along but those on the island start developing super powers. May the island is a training field for the governments next war weapons. Our characters picked for their strength and durability to survive, and in some of the vampires cases perhaps their life's experiences and insight.
    - Maybe something almost arena like. Where tasks are constantly put fourth on the characters to preform and be tested on. Failure could be mean punishment like no food or something.
    -Characters could be assigned partners in the assignments too. Creating a dependency and kind of a forced interaction between everyone. (No partnering your own characters.) Say character and B and A are assigned together. Character A won't be able to win the challenge without B, and character B cannot solely depend on character A. So if someone character was Hattie and challenge had to do something to do with heavy lifting and she couldn't do it. They'd both pay the price. That could add tensions. If characters remember the recent past before this coven mixing partners could be interesting. As could hunter/vampire mixes.
    -I think it would be worthwhile for no one to know the governments intentions for doing this to them as well that way we can figure it out together.

• Maybe we could do something with doppelgangers. And no one knows who is the real characters are. Did character A really just confess love for character B or was that just the doppelganger. Could be interesting if the characters could never see their own copy, and it took a long while for everyone to realize why everyone else thought they were so bipolar.
Back to top Go down
RiRi

RiRi

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 1:14 am

Going off of you, Fiona, I really like the idea of the characters developing a kind of superpower that's unintentional, and each character has their own struggles with their power.

The idea of the government being in control also really sounds fun as well.

I also kind of like the idea of terror - maybe playing off of the whole ambiguous idea, the vampires could be protecting humans from some outside terror and each of them is assigned to a human - the human would know about the existence of their protector vampire but they don't know who it is.

or going the completely opposite way - the vampires could be in hiding because the government and society knows about vampires - they're kind of like runaways or something....
Back to top Go down
panda

panda

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:04 pm

I really like the government in charge. It's almost like we're the government to be honest and I like that haha.
And keeping the vampire thing is debatable for me, like what if they woke up on this isolated island with an arena and such with no memories, but only had a watch or something that could give them directions, then they slowly discover their powers.
I also like the partner idea. It could be completely randomized or we could preplan... but I think it would make for a very interesting roleplay. Like what if their powers are compatible but their personalities aren't? they'd have to overcome their arguments and conflicts in order to win.

I really like the partner/island/arena idea.
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:19 am

I'm so sorry for poofing everyone. X_X All of a sudden my parents organized this trip to China, and the next thing I knew, bam.

Anyways, I'm game for all those ideas. :3 I don't really have anything new to contribute at the moment, but I'll definitely let you guys know if I do.

Lionel would die at the human idea fyi. /shotshot xD Perhaps the vampires could like loose control or something, giving in to their bloodlust (like take Wren or Rune for example, getting pissed off and start wrecking havoc all around them) And ah, all the vamps get sent to the island (like Fiona's idea, their memories get wiped) and the hunters are sent along too to make sure they don't escape.

And I'm go for the government in control and the powers ideas too. ^^

Back to top Go down
http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=nightsorrows
panda

panda

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 8:27 pm

wow haha it's okay Sunny (:
and that would be really cool, if someone lost control and such. Then it would be like starting off fresh with the same characters but with adjustments since they can't remember any of the memories that shaped their personalities. Then if we don't want our hunters (me, sorry Aimee lol) then we could just kill them off or say they quit or something.

I still like the partner idea tho.
That would be interesting.
Especially partners with conflicting personalities... then they'd starve the first few events then finally work it out somehow haha
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Admin
Fiona

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 11:49 pm

*Reads over posts.*

Okay it seems like everyone seems in favor of the island idea with the government in main control. I think that would be a good idea to cement because I personally like the setting of it. In the town the public was very daunting especially since the humans didn't know they were vampires, it was almost like we were given too much room. Sometimes I think that creativity works best with limitations not excess space. Is anyone opposed to the island idea?

Also the superhero idea was very well received as well so perhaps we should throw that one in there too. Does anyone disagree?

Panda wrote:
I really like the government in charge. It's almost like we're the government to be honest and I like that haha.
Me too, and in the isolated island situation with the government having full control of everything. (Rations, shelter maybe even the weather.) It won't seem at all out of place for things to be crazy and the characters to infact be crazy. I know in the town I was always far more reserved then I should have been about not putting my characters in too many crazy situations at once. This way it will be more entertaining to keep the pace up.

Panda wrote:
I also like the partner idea. It could be completely randomized or we could preplan... but I think it would make for a very interesting roleplay. Like what if their powers are compatible but their personalities aren't? they'd have to overcome their arguments and conflicts in order to win.
I really like the idea of compatible powers. Ones that they would have to work together to use. I think it would be smart to have partners to be pre-planned, that way it will be harder to disappoint everyone later. Maybe as a part of everyone's character sketches we should require say five of what you think their top weaknesses might be, five of their top strengths, and their pet-peeves. For example a character who would hate to not be in charge paired with a character who feels the exact same way.

Sunny wrote:
I'm so sorry for poofing everyone. X_X All of a sudden my parents organized this trip to China, and the next thing I knew, bam.
I wish my parents spontaniously made trips to China! Shocked

Sunny wrote:
Perhaps the vampires could like loose control or something, giving in to their bloodlust (like take Wren or Rune for example, getting pissed off and start wrecking havoc all around them) And ah, all the vamps get sent to the island (like Fiona's idea, their memories get wiped) and the hunters are sent along too to make sure they don't escape.
Yes! Maybe since they are all required to go to school someone (maybe the government) leaks something into their cafeteria food. (Food they are required to eat.) Or add a hallucinogen to the air conditioning that makes all the vampires go wild (but does nothing to humans) and for twenty-four hours, starting at say the last period of school. Only the strongest of vampires would have been able to completely resist the urge to kill the students on the spot. And it would give the government the perfect excuse for isolation and dehumanifaction. Any moral grounds they were struggling gone once the vampires were proven murderous. We could even roleplay those last moments if we'd like. When they start to revive their memories on the island they could struggle with fresh nightmares of things they did or believe they did.

Panda wrote:
Then it would be like starting off fresh with the same characters but with adjustments since they can't remember any of the memories that shaped their personalities.
Yes, that was the perfect way to explain it.

Panda wrote:
Then if we don't want our hunters (me, sorry Aimee lol) then we could just kill them off or say they quit or something.
Does anyone have hunters they would like to keep on? I want to get rid of Quill too.
Back to top Go down
RiRi

RiRi

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:55 am

I really just like all of the ideas. ^__^ I'm sorry that's not much help, but I'm pretty much game for anything! I would like to keep James, but honestly, if you guys are throwing your hunters out, I might as well too ^__^
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:43 am

Ditto to that Riri. I don't have much to add anymore either except that I'm game for anything as well. Cx If everyone's throwing their hunters out, then I'm pulling Nerine out as well~
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Admin
Fiona

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:14 am

Okay then I suppose we should start reworking out characters/adding new ones. How's this character sheet to everyone?

Full Name: Characters name
Played by: Your name
Real Age: Due to memory swipe they may not be aware, however they were still a vampire for however long it was.
Looks: How old do they look?
Species: Human
Appearance:
Personality: Can be brief.
History: Though unknown to the character, please feel free to write what you think is important. Possibly adding events that have scarred their mind so much it is weighing on them even after the sweep.
Strengths: (Please list at least three no more than five.)
Weaknesses: (Please list at least [no maximum] that will can have a significant effect in their challenges. Preferably something that is part of their personality rather than body.)
Partner: (Must be agreed on by both roleplayers.)
Power: (Can be any one power. Preferably nothing too vast like the weather or fire. If you pick something like this try to put a limit on it. Like they can only start fires not stop them. Talk with your character's partner's roleplayer if you want to coordinate powers. Ex. Billy can create fires but only Sally can stop them or something of the sort. Remember powers should not be immediately known to characters. They may go through challenges at first unaware, and even one figure them out they may not be easy to master.)

*While characters may not remember being vampires their bodies should feel the affect of the change. At first they may feel out of breath faster their lungs heavier. Hunger and exhaustion which they haven't need or was different may be stronger now as bodies try to compensate and characters may feel a bit off balance or disoriented.

Let me know if there is anything you don't agree with or want to add. I'll make another forum for people to start posting their characters once they are ready.
Back to top Go down
panda

panda

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Love it, and I'm excited. :D Can't wait to start.
Just a heads up my first character will be Callum as always.
Do we have the same character # limits?
Back to top Go down
RiRi

RiRi

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 3:44 pm

So excited :DDD
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Admin
Fiona

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Nah I don't think that character limitations are necessary. Yeah my first character will probably be Loretta. She just needs some tweaking first.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Admin
Fiona

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:37 am

As for the plot then I'm thinking every character should wake up at a random part on the outer stretch of the island. They wake up not knowing where they are, how they got there or most frighteningly who they are. They have nothing but the clothes they were wearing before the abduction and a note in their pocket that says in order to survive they must find a camp located in the middle of the island. Any travel partners are welcome and do not necessarily have to be their assigned partners.
After a difficult journey to the center of the island characters will find a tree-house village, each house dawning a sign with two pictures and respective names. Each house has been placed high in the trees branches seldom at the bottom a long rope ladder the only way to the door. When characters enter their assigned house they will find another note which states this as their living quarters and that the one they are sharing the house with plays an important part in their survival here on the island. Each tree house seems carefully built and sturdy but small, dawned with only two low mattresses (spaced just a yard apart both made with thin sheets and one pillow) and a large trunk at the back for the two of them to share. (The trunk contains a pair of plaid pajama pants and a white T-shirt for each member, combat boots, one pair of green or tan cargo pants and shorts for each, a second T-shirt for the boys and a black tank top for the girls. Each is also give two pairs of undergarments and a think black jacket. Also in the trunk is a sparse amount of soap, an empty water pail, two wool blankets and a small bag non-perishables meant to be used in moderation.) There are two long windows which cannot be opened on either side of the house providing view of tangled branches and leaves. Depending on placement some windows may be able to spot other tree houses especially in winter. It's suspected the walls are lined with something because while not always comfortable the tree houses are never unbaribley hot or cold. On the ceiling hangs a solar powered lantern (the only source of light during the night) and a small trapped door where a daring character may be able to climb out and hang among the branches maybe hang out cloths to dry. Be careful however because there are no restraints keeping you from falling. Any cooking must be done over the fire on the ground. The last thing in the note warns the characters that the forest floor is a dangerous place to be at night. Oh and that a chance for more supplies would be coming soon.

I suggest everyone be creative with the setting remember the government can throw anything at them. The only landmark I think crucial to mentioning is a clear water spring fifteen minutes walk away where character can bathe and gather water. And the beach a two hour trek out.

Letter found in pocket:
'We welcome you to Etiloy Island as our honored guest
Please don't fret
We have prepared you a place to rest
Just follow the sunset!'

Letter in cabin:
'Welcome home -character names-!
Though this might look quite different from your last home we are confident our humble abode will bring you safety during your stay here on Etiloy Island.
If you find you supplies look sparse, cherish your new friend as you'll soon find they alone hold the key to your success or neglect.
Take care settling in friends and remember strange things crawl in the night.'

Last edited by Fiona on Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RiRi

RiRi

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:44 am

This sounds great Fiona! I can't wait to start Smile
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Admin
Fiona

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:45 am

Yay me too I was getting excited writing it! Very Happy I'm glad you like it.
Back to top Go down
panda

panda

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 pm

So before we get this thing going... Anyone taken a particular liking to Callum and Kyle? :D
For Callum someone intelligent and who can maybe force him to sit down and think things through, or someone who works well with others and can tolerate his over-confidence while still holding him back with the facts (that he isn't as good as he thinks he is). He's also good with handling those with crazy emotions. Other than the major confidence boost I've given him, he's mostly the same Callum.

For Kyle someone who is maybe as intelligent as him so that he'll realize he's not oh-so amazingly smart like he thinks he is. Realistically Kyle is a genius and would be considered such in a highschool and everything. However he needs someone to show him that he's not that smartest guy in the world and that there ARE other people like him. Also someone a little attentive that can pick up on his emotional mood swings and be able to calm him down or get him focused. Also someone who can maybe read him well so they know how to react with his emotions maybe... Oh! And in a typical highschool he would be that guy that wears the polos and khaki shorts lol. He looks very much like a prep but considers himself a nerd. :P So someone he can easily get along with (putting him in that social group) because if he doesn't like someone he will not get along with them at all. He may be civil but if the person annoys him he will not cooperate.
Back to top Go down
RiRi

RiRi

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Emma might be good for either of those two - she doesn't do well under pressure, so maybe Callum could help calm her down, and she could keep Callum grounded with his intelligence. It could also go the same way with Kyle - she could keep him grounded and she has kind of a motherly intuition to help Kyle stay focused and sense his mood swings. Then again, they both agree on the fact that when they don't like someone, it shows and they really don't get along with said person.

I'm game to partner Emma with anyone - I'm also bringing Leo back, and he'll pretty much be the same ol' Leo, just for future reference.
Back to top Go down
panda

panda

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:13 pm

Callum isn't the brightest crayon in the box... And yay for Leo :D
That sounds good, tho I doubt Kyle and Emma would get along and be able to work things out well if they end up not liking each other. I'm leaning towards Kyle not liking her because of his "preppy" attitude and all.
Back to top Go down
Fiona
Admin
Fiona

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Loretta could be Callum's partner. She's quiet intelligent and attentive and could even out his brash faults. And he could help her not sit on her hands calculating things so much. However they both like to work alone and she does have trust issues (as we all know), it could be an interesting dynamic. Maybe I'm just partial to their pairing because of our past roleplaying, haha. She could also work with Kyle but I have a feeling they wouldn't get along well at all. I have a feeling that he has a personality that would wear on her nerves. Unless they're put to together to purposely hate one another, which could be interesting haha.
Back to top Go down
Sunny

Sunny

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 am

Other than being a dick, I think Rune would be good for Kyle. He's analytical, he's calculating, and he sure as hell wouldn't mind putting Kyle in his place, haha. Though how he's gonna deal with Rune's lack of optimism is a completely different story. Other than that, he's a perfectionist and a major fusspot. His partner has to constantly show him that not everything is perfect and he can't get his own way all the time. And Rune, well, is gonna take a little time to actually trust someone outright. He's not certainly one who loses his head easily as well.

Hayley here, is a different story all together. She is well, twisted, seeing the world in a different point of view. The thing is, Hayley's pretty dark. She isn't pessimistic, but you get the idea. This chica has impulsive issues, normally following the leap before you look principle, and is pretty much indifferent to everything around her most of the time.

Emma- Ack, Rune would brush her off immediately, which leaves Hayley. I think Hayley would actually grow to like Emma and her intelligence, and she works best under pressure, so she's able to keep Em in check.

Callum- I think he and Rune would work together quite well, based on their personalities. Callum could even him out from being such a dick all the time. xD I'm not sure how he would take to Hayley though.

Loretta- ...she and Rune would clash. Trust issues, distant, the both of them are alike, but i'm sure they would clash immediately on the spot, haha. Razz Hayley well, wouldn't mind Lor too much and would actually try finding ways to cooperate with her, and i'm sure she can deal with Lor's quiet thing around people.

Both of my characters are game for everything. C:

Back to top Go down
RiRi

RiRi

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:47 am

@Sunny - I'm game with Emma being partnered with Hayley. Emma has a bit of an open mind, so she'd come to expect Hayley's dark thoughts. Leo could also be possible too, since he has a pretty easy going personality, but I haven't written up his bio yet, so I'm good with anything. ^__^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rhyolite 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhyolite 2.0   Rhyolite 2.0 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rhyolite 2.0
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next